March 6, 2023
Advice for Planning a House Design
When planning a new house design, it’s important to consider both your lifestyle and your budget. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Determine your needs to create your designed program: Consider how you want to use each room and what functions it should serve. How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need? Do you want a home office or a dedicated media, room, target square footage, elevation style, etc?
- Consider your budget: Establish it before you begin and stick to it. Decide what you can afford to spend on each room, and allocate funds accordingly.
- Research design styles: Browse online and in magazines to find design styles that interest you. This will help you create a design that reflects your personal taste and style.
- Envision a floor plan and how you want it to function and flow to your lifestyle and where you want impactful rooms and areas to be located.
- Think about lighting: Good lighting is important for any room, and it can have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your home. Consider natural light sources and think about how you want to use artificial lighting to enhance your design.
To read the full article and learn what you should know before starting a home improvement project, visit https://www.inspectionsupport.com/resources/home-improvement-project/.